Monday, June 15, 2015

We're off on an Adventure!

This morning, we woke up at 5:45am to leave for Peru! We will be taking a bus to O'Hare and then fly to Lima, making a stop in Houston. After spending the night in the Lima airport, we'll take another short flight and arrive in Trujillo on Tuesday morning.

Thank you all for your support for our trip--both financially and through prayers. If you get a minute in the next day or so, please pray that we get enough sleep on our journey--once we arrive in Trujillo, we will be briefly unpacking and then heading to Hogar de Esperanza, where Courtney will be leading the VBS program.

We will try to post pictures throughout our time in Peru on Facebook. We should be able to check our email and Facebook pages in the evenings, so please send us your thoughts and encouragements that way! We are traveling in a group of 14 people, some of which have never been out of the country on a mission trip before, so please pray that they have a positive and powerful experience.

Even as we're on our way, I have mixed feelings. I am beyond excited to see the kids again--Pablo and Pedro (who were in my homework group), Jessica (who stayed with David and I for a month), Cristina, Jenifer, Alejandro, Rosita, Edwin, Abel, and Italo. However, I'm scared of the big feelings that are waiting for me in Peru. Leaving the kids behind is so hard, and I'm setting myself up to do this again. Our year-long stay in Peru brought some of the most difficult experiences of my life, and I don't feel prepared to revisit those struggles and emotions.

That being said, Jesus is taking this trip with me, and I know that I can rely on Him for the big stuff I wrestle with. I am so thankful to also be going on this trip with a great group of brothers and sisters in Christ, and also to have your prayers and encouragement along the way!

-Courtney




No comments:

Post a Comment