Saturday, May 26, 2012

Parenting Attempt #1

As many of you know, David and I were given the opportunity to take care of one of the little girls here at the orphanage for awhile to keep her away from some of the illness going around.  The experience was certainly not without its difficulties, but I think I can speak for both of us and say that we really enjoyed having her live with us.  She added so much fun and joy to our lives, and we will certainly treasure the memories we made with her!  My biggest prayer for her (and maybe you'll pray for her with me?) is that her and her two older siblings will soon belong to a family...before they get too much older.  And now, what you've all been waiting for, photos!  



Note her choice of handles--David's ears :)

I loved that she loved looking at and reading books!

Wearing my sandals

You can't tell from the picture, but she REALLY doesn't want to eat her lunch.
So what's the verdict on Parenting Attempt #1?  (Aside from the fact that the short time we spent with her can't compare to the YEARS that parenting actually lasts...)  Awesome.  However, (unfortunately for my mother-in-law) we're still very much looking forward to graduate school before we start having (permanent)  kids of our own!  -C

No comments:

Post a Comment