Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Getaway!

 This weekend, we took Friday as a vacation day and went to spend 2 nights at the nearby beach town, Huanchaco.  (Yes, you have previously seen this town featured on the blog...I just love being there!)  We received an excellent hostal recommendation and found a great deal online....so here's what we got to do this weekend!
 Yes, there are a lot of sunset pictures, but I LOVE sunsets over the ocean, and I couldn't pick my favorite.



 ...If only I were a professional photographer, I could capture the magic of these moments better!
 This is one of the restaurants we ate at during the weekend.
 Here is the view from that restaurant looking back toward our hostel.
 View from our balcony

 Pool!

The sliding glass doors that made up one wall of our room. (Aren't the waves cool in this picture?)

What a wonderful weekend!  It was SO needed as life at the albergue has been wearing us down.  We had the opportunity to do a lot of reading, a lot of resting, a lot of talking, and a lot of laying in the sunshine! Hasta luego, Huanchaco!  -C

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! So pleased that you had time away for a few days.

    ReplyDelete