Sunday, November 6, 2011

Huanchaco

November 1 was a holiday here, so we (almost all of us) got the day off.  Another volunteer, Kelly, invited me to go to Huanchaco with her.  (David, sadly, had to work.)  One hour and two buses later we arrived to a gorgeous stretch of beach lined with shops and restaurants.  It was lovely--check out these pictures! 



Huanchaco has some of the world's best surfing (I've been told).  However, since it's only springtime here, the beach wasn't that busy, although we did see many more "gringos" (white people) here than in Trujillo.

yum!  delicious lunch at a cute little cafe!

These boats are made out of reeds and were/are used for fishing.  I imagine they have quite a history.  Here's a link to an article if you're interested.
Hopefully David and I can make regular visits here; Huanchaco is such a peaceful (read: kid-free) and beautiful place!  -C

3 comments:

  1. David and Courtney,

    Thanks for the photos (did you give the canoes a try?). I pray you relish your first year of marriage in a very special place. 36 years ago Susan and I got to invest a good part of our first year in Italy. Glad you're enjoying the youth! Pastor Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. David and Courtney, Today is Thanksgiving. We enjoyed a beautiful service at Hillcrest. There are so many things to be thankful for. Today was not a Bareman Get-to-gather since every other year my kids go to their in-laws. However, since Jane's parents have passed away, they took me out for dinner.
    How was your day? Will you get to come home for Christmas? I am thankful for your willingness to serve in this special way. God bless you both. My two (Vanderwell) grandsons are in Tijuana on a mission project for their Thanksgiving break. They are 14 and 16. I hope to see them at Christmas.
    Love and Prayers, Mrs. Shirley Bareman

    ReplyDelete
  3. David and Courtney: Today was Thanksgiving. We enjoyed a wonderful service at Hillcrest. After which I enjoyed dinner out with Gregg and Jane Bareman. Every other year is the Bareman year and today was the in-law year. I think about you often and appreciate your willingness to serve in this special way. God bless you both.
    Shirley Bareman

    ReplyDelete